Cellular security cameras come in a number of formats, but they are all designed to provide the same end performance, and that is to stream a live video feed to your mobile device, as well as store it to a memory stick or cloud service.
Top-Rated Cellular Security Camera List:
|Photo||Product name||Feature||Pros||More info|
|1. Brickhouse Security B-Link-1C Camscura||Built for Higher Bandwidth Uploading||More Information|
|2. Arlo Go by NETGEAR||IP65 certified weather-resistant||More Information|
|3. YI Outdoor Security Camera||Waterproof, dustproof and durable against the all outdoor conditions||More Information|
|4. Brickhouse Security B-Link||Rugged Weatherproof Body||More Information|
|5. Eye Trax||Calibrated height for seamless use IMD||More Information|
|6. BIGFOOT CELLULAR CAMERA 3G||Photo Resolution 5/8/12 MP Video 720P HD/VGA||More Information|
|7. Lighthouse - Number 1||Two-way audio with mic and speaker||More Information|
|8. Bushnell 119599C2||True one-year battery life for all season scouting||More Information|
|9. Ooma Butterfleye Smart Security||Capture activity 5 seconds before a triggered event||More Information|
|10. TR Solar Wireless Security||Wi-Fi + 4G connection||More Information|
There are battery powered cellular security camera options (referred to as cellular security camera system) and even solar cellular security camera which save on power use as well as enable them to be placed in outdoor locations where there is no power source close by.
Essentially, the best cellular security camera will have a specific set of basic features that are enhanced by the quality of the hardware, and after testing a wide range of products as well as reading up hundreds of cellular security camera reviews, I have created this list of the top 10 wireless cellular security camera systems that you will find on the market today.
Best Cellular Security Camera Reviews:
- Top-Rated Cellular Security Camera List:
- Best Cellular Security Camera Reviews:
- 1. Brickhouse Security B-Link-1C Camscura WiFi With B-Link Secure MiFi Personal Hotspot Cellular
- 2. Arlo Go by NETGEAR Mobile HD Security Camera with Data Plan
- 3. YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p Cloud Cam 2.4G Wireless IP Waterproof Night Vision Surveillance System
- 4. Brickhouse Security B-Link Secure HD 1080P 3G GSM Cellular Wireless Outdoor Camera
- 5. Eye Trax Barrel Mounting Pole System
- 6. BIGFOOT CELLULAR CAMERA 3G – NO CONTRACT – MULTI-NETWORK – EASY SETUP
- 7. Lighthouse – Number 1 Rated AI Home Security Camera
- 8. Bushnell 119599C2 Trophy Cam HD Aggressor 14MP Wireless Trail Camera
- 9. Ooma Butterfleye Smart Security Camera with Battery Backup
- 10. TR Solar Wireless Security Camera Solar Power 4G GSM IP TR-C4G
The B-Link Secure Cellular WiFi/MiFi Camera kit is a combo kit that includes a camera and a connector that are both mobile and will link the video feed to any mobile device with their app. The system includes storage on a local memory card, and this model only stores video when activated.
The Camsecura is conveniently designed to fit into any concealed area and is activated by sound or motion, so you can immediately view what activated your alarm system from the convenience of your phone.
This model allows you to link up to eight individual camera units to one connector, which enables you to secure an entire location with one kit. Since this model links to 4G LTE cellular networks, you get a direct connection to your mobile phone, bypassing all wifi systems and reducing the possibility of hacking.
- Dimensions: 87″ x 2.17″ x 1.06″
- Power: Battery 8 Hours Recording time
- Transmission: WiFi Direct Connect
- Storage Temperature 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113ºF)
- Operating Temperature: 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113ºF)
- Battery: 3500mAh 3.7V Li-ion Battery, 5V Adapter 5V, 1000mA DC adapter with micro USB out
- Current Consumption: 350mA
- Recording Time: Max 8 Hours (with fully charged battery)
- OS Supported: Android 4.2.2 & iOS 8.3 or later version
- Sensor Resolution: 1280×720
- Sensor Sensitivity: 3V/lux-sec
- Sensor Viewing Angle: 160-degrees
- Memory Card Supported: Max 64GB microSD Card
- Memory Usage: 1GB/hour for video 250KB/file for image
- Video Resolution: HD 720p (1280×720)
- Video Format: MP4
The Arlo Go for AT&T is a wireless system that works effectively overall AT&T reliable 4G LTE network.
This is a 100% Wire-Free system, that you can place anywhere and links as an un-tethered Mobile device. You get an LTE wireless connection that works nationwide with LTE coverage.
This is an IP65 certified weather-resistant device, so you can place it anywhere outdoors and not worry about water penetration issues.
The device comes with HD Quality live streaming video, and has IR night vision capability as well. The wide-angle PIR motion sensor will assure you of no sneak attacks either.
This model comes with a 2-way audio system, so you can both hear as well as talk to the person on the other side of the camera, and the system comes with a 7-day motion and audio triggered live stream recording to the cloud. This will save you a lot of space and money. You also get an SD slot for local storage too, and this is an IoT device, that works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, IFTTT & Stringify.
- Video resolution: Configurable up to 1280 x 720
- Video format: 264
- Night vision: 850 nm LEDs: illuminates up to 25 feet
- Imaging: 8x digital zoom
- Audio: Speaker/Microphone
- Detection & Alerts
- Adjustable up to 23 feet
- Instant email alerts and push notifications
- Adjustable sound detection
- Instant email alerts and push notifications
- Battery: 3660mAh rechargeable battery
- Waterproof: IP65 certified weather-resistant
- Operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° C to 45° C)
- Dimensions: 5 x 2.73 x 3in (90 x 69.5 x 77.9 mm)
- Weight: 8 oz (335g) w/battery
- Interface: Free apps, iOS, Android, FireOS, web browser
- Activation: Activated mobile account and data plan (SIM included)
- Setup: Arlo Go compatible power adapter and cable (included)
3. YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p Cloud Cam 2.4G Wireless IP Waterproof Night Vision Surveillance System
The YI Outdoor Camera is designed to withstand everything nature can throw at it, as such, it comes with more features to assure perfect activation, streaming, recording, and vision.
This model comes with a 1080p/20fps resolution camera and uses H.264 encoding with automatic white balance technology that delivers clear, crisp images for tour security review.
The lens comes with 110° wide angle and a 3.9mm focal length which adds to the reliability and range of this model. These optic features are combined with 12 x 850nm infrared night vision filters that work at 20fps providing smooth night time performance up to 15 meters.
The YI App is configurable, so you have absolute control over the system, and it comes with a variety of loop recording modes that include 7/15/30 days. The system also comes with a local storage port for 32GB cards.
This model comes with a 3-meter cable and a USB port.
- Dimensions: 132×68(Diameter of mount is 70mm)
- Weight: 252g (camera/mount/cable)
- Lens: 1080p HD 110° wide angle 3.9mm focal length
- NV LED: 12 850nm infrared night vision LEDs
- Storage: YI Cloud and Local storage (8-32GB)
- APP: YI Home Camera (Ios7.0 or Android 4.4 and above)
- PC/Mac: YI PC APP (Download at official yitechnology.com)
- Connection: WiFi 2.4G Hz
- Installation: Attach to the wall
- Power supply: DC5V1A
- Temparature: -15°~50°
- IP: IP65
The B-Link Secure Cellular Outdoor Camera is a comprehensive rugged outdoor camera system that delivers solid results from a wireless unit. This camera is powered by 8 x AA batteries, which enable you to enjoy continuous use for extended periods of time.
The system works over mobile networks, and is perfect hunting and camping perimeter security device as well as a home security device.
What you get is 100o wide viewing angle, with night vision capability that reaches 65 feet. The Video can be times stamped, and you have an adjustable PIR sensitivity, a multi-shot option, as well as time-lapse and all this, is stored into a local SD card, or transmitted to your mobile device via the app.
- Image Sensor 5 Mega Pixels Color CMOS
- Effective Pixels 2560×1920
- Day/Night Mode Yes
- IR range 65ft
- IR Setting Top: 25 LED, Foot: 31LED
- Memory SD Card (8MB – 32 GB)
- Lens (Wide lens model) F=3.0; FOV=100°; Auto IR-Cut-Remove (at night)
- LCD Screen 2” TFT, RGB, 262k
- PIR Sensitivity 3 levels: High / Normal / Low
- PIR distance 20m
- PIR Angle Wide lens: 110°
- Picture size 5MP/8MP/12MP 2592×1944/3264×2448/4032×3024
- Picture Format JPEG
- Video resolution 1080P (1920×1080): 15FPS, 720P (1280×720), 640×480
- Video Format AVI
- Trigger Time 35~0.45s
- Trigger Interval 4s-7s
- Operation Power: 12V; DC: 12V
- Battery Type 8AA
- External DC 12V
- Stand-by Current 173mA
- Operating Temperature -30°C to 60°C
- Operation Humidity 5%-90%
- Waterproof spec IP54
- Weight 404g
The Eye Trax Barrel Mounting Pole System is essentially a simple method to use when setting up a perimeter without any trees, or securing the cameras around a property without the use of localized connections.
This product is essentially a 55-gallon drum that you will with water to act as an anchor, the 12-foot pole is held in place securely, and you connect your camera unit to the pole. Assembly is fast; disassembly is fast too, you just open the lower spigot on the bottom of the barrel and the water drains out.
- Size: 55 Gallon Plastic Drum
- Mounting: Three Steel Rods
- Height: 12 Ft. Mounting Pole
- Weight when full: 500 Lbs.
The Bigfoot camo camera system is a rugged outdoors hunting, scouting, and security perimeter fencing system that can be adapted to any climate and condition. This model is designed specifically for mobile cellular use and will stream video when activated to your phone via the app.
The BigFoot Game Camera when bought comes with a Pre-Loaded Data Card that transmits up to 450 pictures for use within 1 month from the activation of the card. After that, you reload the card via http://my.simhero.com.
- Picture size: 5MP/8MP/12MP
- 1080P Video Recording: 30fps;
- Trigger speed: 4 s
- 56pcs IR LEDs, Night vision: 20 meters (65 feet)
- Power: 12 AA batteries (not included)
- Wide Lens F=3.0; FOV=100°;
- IR LEDs 940nm: dark blue/invisible flash
- Storage: Support Micro-SD card up to 32GB
- Waterproof: IP66
- Operation Temperature: -33 to 140 Fahrenheit
- Compatibility: Supports iOS & Android Devices
This camera is the product of a DARPA scientist’s research and is an AI activated and operated camera that is light years ahead of the competition when it comes to target recognition.
The Lighthouse model uses a unique 3D time-of-flight sensor which has not been used on a home awareness device before. This is a part found in LiDAR systems that work in automated vehicle applications.
The machine learning software is an algorithm that is constantly updating based on continuous operation in the environment it is located. This means it will learn to detect every individual that is common to the property, including parents, children, and pets.
The system integrates HD 1080p resolution graphics and comes with an array of leading hi-tech components that provide a no-false alarm system, that can also be programmed for guests.
This model includes a full IR array for night vision capability, but is an indoor device, and could not be placed outdoors since it does not have a waterproof shell.
- 1080p HD video + 3D Time-of-Flight sensor
- High-quality automatic night vision
- 95° Time-of-Flight 3D camera field of view
- 112° RGB camera field of view
- Tilt up and down via base or optional wall mount
- Dimensions: 5” (217mm) tall x 3.4” (87mm) diameter
- Weight: 6 lbs (731g) weight
- Weather Resistance: Indoor use only
- Audio: Two-way audio with mic and speaker
- Power Adapter: 12V power supply in-box, Supports 100-240V AC
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Bluetooth(R) Smart 4.1
- 1mbps typical upload bandwidth
- Security & Data Protection:
- Encrypted cloud storage
- Secure data transfer (SSL/TLS) with 2048-bit keys
- AES 256-bit data encryption
- Key stretching with PBKDF2 for improved password security
- Bluetooth connections disabled after Wi-Fi configuration
- OS Requirements:
- iOS 10 or later
- Android 4.4 or later
- Operating Temperature:32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
The new Bushnell® Trophy® Cam Essential HD is a high level, high-quality cam system that delivers 16MP streamed video and photos. The trigger allows you to select bursts of a live stream for storage anywhere from 5 to 60 seconds, and you can adjust the trigger interval to one minute up to an hour.
This model comes with an impressive 16MP camera that delivers a clear and crisp 1280 x 720 resolution video stream.
The PIR activates and is effective up to 100 feet, making this a leading night vision security device.
- Resolution 16MP
- PIR Sensor Low/ Medium/ High
- Night Vision Flash Low Glow 32 LED/ 100′
- Display B&W Text LCD
- Stamps Date, Time, Temperature and Moon.
- Power 8 x AA batteries
- Battery life UP TO 1 YEAR
- Video Resolution 1280 x 720
- Video Length Up to 60 seconds
- Storage 32GB
The Ooma Butterfleye works 24/7 and comes with a unique facial recognition program (that requires a subscription. This model works with GPS and WiFi and will continue to record even when there is a power outage or internet interruption.
The system uses an intelligent driver to start capturing video 5 seconds before actual activation. Essentially this means that the system is constantly recording and erasing in 5-second bursts. So, when it is triggered, it does not erase the previous 5 seconds of data, giving you pre-activation video.
There is a dual way audio system too, so you can talk to the person that activated the camera.
- 1/3″ 3.5 megapixels full-color CMOS sensor.
- 120-degree field of view.
- 1080p full HD video with 8x digital zoom.
- 264 encoding.
- Auto-adaptive white and black balance + exposure.
- Noise reduction – low-light high sensitivity.
- Focus range – fixed focus (2 feet to infinity).
- Wireless & Audio:
- 11 b/g/n 2.4 Ghz.
- WEP, WPA, WPA2 support.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BT 4.0).
- Half Duplex Two-Way Audio with Speaker and Microphone.
- USB: Input – Micro USB 5V DC, 2A.
- AC Adaptor: Input – 110-240VAC, 50-60Hz.
- AC Adaptor: Output – 5V DC, 2A.
- 10,400mAh built-in rechargeable battery.
- Storage: 16GB built-in, 32GB built-in
- Dimensions: 3” x 3.8” x 1.6”
- Weight: 5oz
- UL, FCC, and IC certified.
The TR solar powered system comes with a Wi-Fi and 4G connection capability, so you can link up to the camera using an app or a standard WIFI connection. The PIR sensor is a 120°wide angle that reduces the probability of false alarms, and the motion detector will send an immediate notification via the app when triggered.
This is a weatherproof model, so it can be mounted outside, and you get free cloud storage for the first month, so you can learn how to use the system and adjust your settings.
- Camera Image sensor: 2 Megapixel CMOS
- Minimum illumination 1Lux (IR LED OFF), 0 Lux (IR LED ON)
- White balance Automatic
- DNR 3D DNR
- Camera lens 8 aperture; 121° wide angle
- Day & Night switch ICR
- Video compression 264
- Video comp. bitrate Stream self-adaptation (BR: 0 –1Mbps)
- Audio compression 711A
- Audio comp. bitrate 16bit/ 8KHz
- Image resolution HD 1080P(1920*1080), 640×352 @25fps
- Connection WiFi (IEEE802.11b/g/n); 4G (FDD-LTE/TDD-LTE); 3G(WCDMA)
- 4G LTE FDD:B1 B2 B3 B4 B5
- TDD:B38 B39 B40 B41
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHZ
- WCDMA:850/900/1900/2100 MHZ
- Protocol IPV4,UDP,TCP,DHCP,P2P
- CPUQuad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM/ROM 1GB+8GB
- OS Android 4.4
- Temperature -20℃～50℃,
- Humidity <95% , No condensation
- Power supply 12V / 2A, Micro USB interface
- Battery Built-in 450mAh lithium battery, External 10Ah lithium battery + Solar panel
There are basic models and complex AI models, the question is what application you need and how frequently will you need it.
Also, ask yourself, for outdoor security cameras with DVR or without, do you need a wireless modem or a connected model.
Finally, AI models are used to identify common inhabitants; they are perfect for residential use. If you are thinking of using it in a commercial location, rethink this and consider a more standard model, unless you are a financial institution, then AI models are your best bet.